Advertisement

19: You don't have to choose between work and family

19: You don't have to choose between work and family Be many things in this life, you don't have to choose just one.

I describe myself as many things - wife, mother of 3, psychologist, risk management and security practitioner, Board Member, YouTuber . . . I do this purposefully, particularly when I speak to young people, as I want to convey the message that you don't have to choose just one thing.

This is so true when it comes to parenting. You don't have to choose between work and family, both are possible. You can find joy in the job you do as well as joy in being a parent.

But is not always easy, or straight forward, and most of the time is fairly chaotic. But if you can see through the chaos of the now which is temporary, if you can be kind to yourself, as well as others heading down their own paths, there is much happiness to find in your work with others and with raising your children.

Have I got it all sorted? No way. From time to time the mind over-analyses whether I have the balance right according to my own high standards.

I'm not alone though in thinking this way.

Hilary Walton,Digital Culture Ideas,Digital Culture Nation,Work life balance,Parenting,Flexappeal,Career advice,Work life blend,Motherhood,

Post a Comment

0 Comments