Advertisement

Forfax - A Dreadbox Surprise (#1 in case any more pops out)

Forfax - A Dreadbox Surprise (#1 in case any more pops out) Can you make your Dreadbox Erebus 3 haunt minds?

Excuse my bad greek mythology-humor but I think there is a bit of “Kaos” in my Erebus. At least somewhat controlled chaos. (Maybe even voltage controlled chaos! Eh...)

There are so many sweet spots in this patch I can't even breath around the controls because the offset of the “tuning” of the echo will go totally crazy if I do. It’s that sensitive! The patching part is dead easy but the tweaking of the controls are what give this patch its wicked character and it is hard to remake. This is what I call a “Dreadbox Surprise”. It happens when you are fiddling with a Dreadbox and an aha-moment appear when you hear something that jumps out of your Dreadbox-machines. I’m happy to find this in Erebus 3 too cuz I have had many with my Nyx.

The soundscape of these three notes with the patched and tuned delay controlled by the OSC3 LFO really gets into the core of my mind with its monotonous rhythm and weird delay-effect. The more I listen to it the deeper I get into it. I’m afraid I will have to glue this machine and buy another Erebus 3 cuz I am hardly able to leave the room while these haunting tunes are jumping around me. And it happened to be quite Ambient as well.


Patch:

LFO into PW1
OSC3 into VCA IN
VCA OUT- (Inverted) into Echo
S&H OUT into CUT

#dreadbox #erebus #ambient #forfax

dreadbox,erebus,ambient,forfax,

Post a Comment

0 Comments